Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Store ID login is different than Apple ID

When I log into my iTunes account, the email address shown for the account ID is an old email address that I used years ago to set up the account. I have since changed email providers and updated my Apple ID to use my new email address. However, iTunes continues to show my old email address as my account ID. How do I change my iTunes ID to show my current email address? My email address is showing correctly under Apple ID in my iTunes account. It only shows up incorrectly in the log-in window. I am annoyed that I need to change the ID every time I log in.

iMac 21.5″

Posted on Dec 26, 2022 9:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2022 5:05 PM

Hey there petrivilino,

It sounds like you're able to sign in with your Apple ID, but whenever you're prompted to sign in within iTunes, it asks for the older email you used in the past before changing it. While you may need to test signing out completely from iTunes, then signing back in with your current login details, we'd like to first rule out some other possible causes:

1. Besides iTunes, are you prompted to sign in with your older email that you used in the past with the same Apple ID?
  2. Have you already tried signing completely out of iTunes, then back into it?
  3. Sometimes unexpected behavior can be resolved with a restart. Check out the section ‘Restart your Mac' here: Log out, sleep, wake, restart, or shut down your Mac
  4. If you have a compatible Mac model, the latest version is macOS 13.1. You can verify this by clicking on the Apple logo at the top left corner of the screen, then on ‘About This Mac’. In case you needed it, this link shows how to first back up, then Update macOS on Mac.

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2022 5:05 PM in response to petrivilino

Hey there petrivilino,

It sounds like you're able to sign in with your Apple ID, but whenever you're prompted to sign in within iTunes, it asks for the older email you used in the past before changing it. While you may need to test signing out completely from iTunes, then signing back in with your current login details, we'd like to first rule out some other possible causes:

1. Besides iTunes, are you prompted to sign in with your older email that you used in the past with the same Apple ID?
  2. Have you already tried signing completely out of iTunes, then back into it?
  3. Sometimes unexpected behavior can be resolved with a restart. Check out the section ‘Restart your Mac' here: Log out, sleep, wake, restart, or shut down your Mac
  4. If you have a compatible Mac model, the latest version is macOS 13.1. You can verify this by clicking on the Apple logo at the top left corner of the screen, then on ‘About This Mac’. In case you needed it, this link shows how to first back up, then Update macOS on Mac.

Cheers!

iTunes Store ID login is different than Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.