Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I recover my email Apple ID password?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 26, 2022 9:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2022 9:47 AM

Hi Rolo,

An Apple ID and a password are two different things, plus an Apple ID is almost always an email address. I am therefore not completely clear what it is you have forgotten when you say "email Apple ID password". The email address that's your Apple ID, or your Apple ID password? ;-)

This document tells you the various ways you can try to discover your forgotten Apple ID --> If you forgot your Apple ID email address or phone number - Apple Support Note that typically this is an email address you use.

This document outlines what to do If you forgot your Apple ID password --> If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

or go directly to this link --> http://iforgot.apple.com/

If you still need help:

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security "This article provides country-specific Apple Support contact information for customers seeking help with their Apple ID password or other security-related issues." Click here --> Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2022 9:47 AM in response to Rolo1035

Hi Rolo,

An Apple ID and a password are two different things, plus an Apple ID is almost always an email address. I am therefore not completely clear what it is you have forgotten when you say "email Apple ID password". The email address that's your Apple ID, or your Apple ID password? ;-)

This document tells you the various ways you can try to discover your forgotten Apple ID --> If you forgot your Apple ID email address or phone number - Apple Support Note that typically this is an email address you use.

This document outlines what to do If you forgot your Apple ID password --> If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

or go directly to this link --> http://iforgot.apple.com/

If you still need help:

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security "This article provides country-specific Apple Support contact information for customers seeking help with their Apple ID password or other security-related issues." Click here --> Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.