Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS constantly needs to trust computer when backing up

I recently did a clean reinstallation to upgrade to iOS 16.2

Since doing that, every time I connect my iOS device to MacOS (12.6.2), it asks for a password to "Trust this computer".

How can I get it to remember the computer, so it doesn't keep on asking for the password.

Steps I have tried:

Resetting privacy settings on iOS

Resetting network settings on iOS.

Any ideas

I am using 12.6.2 as my Mac can't upgrade to Ventura.

iPhone XR

Posted on Dec 27, 2022 10:13 AM

4 replies

Dec 28, 2022 1:27 PM in response to big_smile

Hello big_smile,

This page can help out with the 'Trust This Computer' alert: About the 'Trust This Computer' alert on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Get help 
If you tap Trust or Don't Trust but doesn't accept your answer, or if the Trust alert won't appear, follow these steps. Try again after each:
1. Make sure that your computer has the latest version of macOS or the latest version of iTunes. 
2. Disconnect and reconnect your device from your computer.
3. Restart your computer.
4. Restart your device:
iPhone
iPad
iPod touch
5. Reset your Trust settings.

Cheers.

f the above steps don't help, go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset and tap Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you’ve used before.
If you downloaded iTunes for Windows from the Microsoft Store, make sure that iTunes Mobile Device Helper is enabled as a startup item.
If you still need help, contact Apple Support.

iOS constantly needs to trust computer when backing up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.