Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mail SLOW to load content

I've read several post suggestions to correct this issue but NON have worked.

The mail is an issue on my iMac 21.5. When I first open mail I see this when I select an Email:

Wait a few minutes and it loads

This is in Mail 16.0

Running Monterey

All the Mail Privacy settings are unchecked:

An there's no Proxies selected Or any exceptions entered in the Network settings:

This issue is exclusive to the iMac which started in an earlier version of Monterey and has not been fixed in last two updates.. I set up my mail account on My wife's MacBook Air (Jeanne's) macOS Catalina 10.15.7 and older version of Mail and all loads perfectly.

Hopefully I'm overlooking something.

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

iMac 21.5″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Dec 27, 2022 11:26 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Dec 28, 2022 2:03 PM in response to woodyfromdewitt

Hello woodyfromdewitt,

We would like to see how we can help you with the Mail app loading slowly. If you test the issue in a new user, does the issue persist? This will help us determine what may be the cause of those emails loading slowly. Follow the steps in this link to create a new User: Add a user or group on Mac

"Add a user

1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Settings, then click Users & Groups  in the sidebar. (You may need to scroll down.)
  2. Click the Add Account button below the list of users on the right (you may be asked to enter your password.)
  3. Click the New Account pop-up menu, then choose a type of user.
    • Administrator: An administrator can add and manage other users, install apps, and change settings. The new user you create when you first set up your Mac is an administrator. Your Mac can have multiple administrators. You can create new ones, and convert standard users to administrators. Don’t set up automatic login for an administrator. If you do, someone could simply restart your Mac and gain access with administrator privileges. To keep your Mac secure, don’t share administrator names and passwords.
    • Standard: Standard users are set up by an administrator. Standard users can install apps and change their own settings, but can’t add other users or change other users’ settings.
    • Sharing Only: Sharing-only users can access shared files remotely, but can’t log in to the computer or change settings. To give the user permission to access your shared files or screen, you may need to change options in File Sharing, Screen Sharing, or Remote Management settings. See Set up file sharing and Share the screen of another Mac.
  1. For more information about the options for each type of user, click the Help button in the lower-left corner of the dialog.
  2. Enter a full name for the new user. An account name is generated automatically. To use a different account name, enter it now—you can’t change it later.
  3. Enter a password for the user, then enter it again to verify. Enter a password hint to help the user remember their password.
  4. Click Create User."

Cheers!

Dec 28, 2022 3:32 PM in response to woodyfromdewitt

Give this a try: boot into Safe Mode according to How to use safe mode on your Mac and test to see if the problem persists. Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE 1: Safe Mode boot can take up to 3 - 5 minutes as it's doing the following; 

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed

• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)

• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically

• Disables user-installed fonts 

• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

NOTE 2: if you have a wireless keyboard with rechargeable batteries connect it with its charging cable before booting into Safe Mode. This makes it act as a wired keyboard as will insure a successful boot into Safe Mode.

Dec 29, 2022 11:46 PM in response to woodyfromdewitt

First, I went to mail preferences and set the account to leave messages on ISP server so I was working with the same emails while doing the following:

Note to Old Toad: Rebooting in Safe mode did not change the the issue with loading content..

KMB_12. I set up another administrator account then set up my email account. The account immediately loaded the remote content.

Though not likely to be an issue because with the new log in mail functioned correctly, To eliminate a corrupted OS I started in recovery mode ran disc repair and reinstalled OS. The original log in still did not load remote content. I then did screen shots of the two email accounts info and compared the old to the new.

I noticed two things were different: The new account did not have any "favorite folders"; the old one did. There was no change after deleting the favorite folders. The other difference was: I noticed In the side bar I had added my Yahoo.com [I use to send faxes by email because my ISP email server does not publish the required spa and yahoo does] and Gmail accounts I set up to sync my calendar with my daughter's google docs shared calendar on her Samsung Galaxy A03s. I deleted both accounts. There's still about 2-3 second delay in loading the remote content. (Until last month I had multiple medical faxes and will go back to sending my daughter an "invite" from the calendar ap on my iMac since most of the dates I synced were related to the medical faxes) I have everything backed up to time machine and thought of transferring the files to the new log in but.....

Thank you both for your input that led to an improved function until I can afford to replace the Late 2015 iMac.

Mac Mail SLOW to load content

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.