Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

phone number appears deregistered but only to my own devices??

occasionally it's just easier for me to send a link to my own phone number so that it appears on my iPad. However, since I got the new iPhone 14 promax, my phone keeps thinking that my own phone number is Deregistered and it will show up as text message instead of iMessage. My iPad 12 pro max which I got a year and a half ago usually still sees the number as registered but occasionally it also does not. This does not happen to anybody else that I know of, that has an iphone or ipad, with whom i communicate. it only does it to my own devices.

I have tried logging in and out of my Apple ID on both devices, and logging out of iMessage, turning iMessage on an off on both devices etc. and it works for a very short time and then the messages go back to green.

A few weeks ago it worked to just send to my phone from the iPad and then everything would be blue again for a few minutes but tonight it's not even doing that.

Posted on Dec 27, 2022 3:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2022 3:43 PM

The way you have phrased and formulated your question is interesting. Let’s dig into it.

You have basically told us how you are trying to solve a particular issue. You are trying to use iMessage to communicate information.

You have also just merely suggested what the issue is you’re trying to solve. You suggested you’re trying to send a link from one of your devices to another.

The best way to solve this issue is not using messages at all! Instead, read and follow this article.

Use Universal Clipboard to copy and paste between your Apple devices - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2022 3:43 PM in response to terriergal

The way you have phrased and formulated your question is interesting. Let’s dig into it.

You have basically told us how you are trying to solve a particular issue. You are trying to use iMessage to communicate information.

You have also just merely suggested what the issue is you’re trying to solve. You suggested you’re trying to send a link from one of your devices to another.

The best way to solve this issue is not using messages at all! Instead, read and follow this article.

Use Universal Clipboard to copy and paste between your Apple devices - Apple Support

phone number appears deregistered but only to my own devices??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.