Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Appleid

Am trying to change my husbands Apple ID to his email address but I get a msg saying email used by another Apple ID. Email address is not avail. How do I fix this. Right now we both have same Apple ID

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Dec 27, 2022 5:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2022 5:33 PM

I have to presume from your description that your husband's email address is not an Apple one.

It seems that his email address cannot be used to create a new Apple ID because it is in use with an existing Apple ID (ie. yours). In About your Apple ID email addresses Apple suggests that this could be resolved by removing his address from your 'Reachable At' email addresses:

Delete an additional email address

1. Sign in to appleid.apple.com.
  2. Select Personal Information, then select Reachable At.
  3. To delete one of your additional email addresses, click the Remove button  next to it.

An alternative action is to create for him a new Apple ID using Apple's invitation to create an icloud.com address rather than use a non-Apple email address.

Apple offers further support pages:

Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2022 5:33 PM in response to lindapie

I have to presume from your description that your husband's email address is not an Apple one.

It seems that his email address cannot be used to create a new Apple ID because it is in use with an existing Apple ID (ie. yours). In About your Apple ID email addresses Apple suggests that this could be resolved by removing his address from your 'Reachable At' email addresses:

Delete an additional email address

1. Sign in to appleid.apple.com.
  2. Select Personal Information, then select Reachable At.
  3. To delete one of your additional email addresses, click the Remove button  next to it.

An alternative action is to create for him a new Apple ID using Apple's invitation to create an icloud.com address rather than use a non-Apple email address.

Apple offers further support pages:

Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

Appleid

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.