Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GPU issues with mac mini late 2014

I'm having issues with my mac mini gpu, I've noticed them when looking at webgl animations using threejs running impossibly slow (0-2fps). This is an old computer but I have a much older 2012 Macbook with an older graphics card and the performance isn’t even half for the same animations as bad (around 30-40fps).

Here are my specs:

Mac mini late 2014

Processor 3Ghz Dual-Core Intel Core i7

Memory 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Startup Disl Macintosh HD

Graphics Intel Iris 1536 MB

I’m also using an external LG display 32UL500-W 32 Inch UHD (3840 x 2160) display. Would like to understand where should I begin looking for clues to find why is performance so bad.

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 27, 2022 8:12 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Dec 28, 2022 2:21 PM in response to den.thed

den.thed does have a good point there.... a mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort cable would help.....however, you have a built in Intel Graphics controller/processor with 1.5 Gigs of Video Ram..... so I wouldn't expect amazing graphics performance from that....you might benefit from an eGPU..... but that costs money...... and you'd have to get a Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt adapter as well..... according to Apple you can run up to 2 displays, 2560 x1600 at millions of colours.... and your Memory (RAM) is maxed out at 16 GB.....

that's all I have

John B

GPU issues with mac mini late 2014

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.