Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ask to buy not working

I cannot get ask to buy notifications on my device for my child, if I manually approve on his device it works, however I am not getting notifications or have the ability to approve from my device

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 27, 2022 9:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2022 10:30 PM

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Tap Family. If you don't see Family, tap your name, then tap Family Sharing. If you're the family organizer, make sure that Purchase Sharing is turned on. Then you can tap a family member's name to see if Ask to Buy is turned on for their account.

If Ask to Buy isn't working - Apple Support (IN)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2022 10:30 PM in response to joelfromyreka

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Tap Family. If you don't see Family, tap your name, then tap Family Sharing. If you're the family organizer, make sure that Purchase Sharing is turned on. Then you can tap a family member's name to see if Ask to Buy is turned on for their account.

If Ask to Buy isn't working - Apple Support (IN)

Dec 28, 2022 1:36 AM in response to SravanKrA

Hi,

All of this is turned on:

However, the notifications are going to laptop only, when I want it on my iphone. how to switch it?

Ask to buy not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.