Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Any way to change wake word or make Siri listen to the the more closer voice?

It is so annoying when I would say hey siri not even that loud that was meant to be for my phone to for example "play music" or "next song" and my home pod which is in my bed room to just respond. It's so annoying. Anyway to change wake command for iPhone or home pod?

Like I just want to know if I have something in my calendar and my phone will just completely ignore what I said, because my HomePod answered it, and I can't even hear it cause it's in my bedroom and I was in the kitchen.

Does anyone have a fix?

Posted on Dec 28, 2022 7:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2022 8:35 AM

Hey marcfromstatefarm,

These steps may help when the wrong device responds to Hey Siri: How 'Hey Siri' works with multiple devices - Apple Support

What to do if the wrong device responds to ”Hey Siri”

• Make sure that each device has Bluetooth turned on. If Bluetooth is turned off or a device isn’t in Bluetooth range of the other devices, multiple devices might respond to your request.
• Make sure that each device is using the latest Apple software. If some are using older software, multiple devices might respond to ”Hey Siri.”
• On each device that you want to use with ”Hey Siri,” make sure that ”Hey Siri” is turned on in Siri settings.
• If you have an iPhone or iPad, you can place it face down so that it doesn't respond to ”Hey Siri.”
• If you have a HomePod, you can say ”Hey Siri, turn off Hey Siri,” or use the Home app to turn off Listen for "Hey Siri.” To turn it back on, touch and hold the top of HomePod, then say ”Turn on Hey Siri.”
• If you have a Mac that supports ”Hey Siri,” you can close its lid so that it doesn't respond to ”Hey Siri.” And if ”Allow Siri when locked” is turned off in Siri preferences, it also doesn't respond when the screen is locked.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2022 8:35 AM in response to marcfromstatefarm

Hey marcfromstatefarm,

These steps may help when the wrong device responds to Hey Siri: How 'Hey Siri' works with multiple devices - Apple Support

What to do if the wrong device responds to ”Hey Siri”

• Make sure that each device has Bluetooth turned on. If Bluetooth is turned off or a device isn’t in Bluetooth range of the other devices, multiple devices might respond to your request.
• Make sure that each device is using the latest Apple software. If some are using older software, multiple devices might respond to ”Hey Siri.”
• On each device that you want to use with ”Hey Siri,” make sure that ”Hey Siri” is turned on in Siri settings.
• If you have an iPhone or iPad, you can place it face down so that it doesn't respond to ”Hey Siri.”
• If you have a HomePod, you can say ”Hey Siri, turn off Hey Siri,” or use the Home app to turn off Listen for "Hey Siri.” To turn it back on, touch and hold the top of HomePod, then say ”Turn on Hey Siri.”
• If you have a Mac that supports ”Hey Siri,” you can close its lid so that it doesn't respond to ”Hey Siri.” And if ”Allow Siri when locked” is turned off in Siri preferences, it also doesn't respond when the screen is locked.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

Any way to change wake word or make Siri listen to the the more closer voice?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.