Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro erase

For some reason, my MacBook Pro refused my password, so I tried do use the Apple ID three different times. I even changed my password on Apple three different times. It finally went to firmware lock. Is there a way that I can wipe out all information and reinstall my MacBook Pro as if there’s nothing there and start over thank you.

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 28, 2022 1:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2022 2:41 PM

kdplatts wrote:

For some reason, my MacBook Pro refused my password, so I tried do use the Apple ID three different times. I even changed my password on Apple three different times.

It finally went to firmware lock. Is there a way that I can wipe out all information and reinstall my MacBook Pro as if there’s nothing there and start over thank you.

If you forgot your firmware password

If you can't remember your firmware password, schedule an in-person service appointment with an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider ( https://locate.apple.com/?apt_Flag=true )

Bring your Mac to the appointment, and bring your original receipt or invoice as proof of purchase.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2022 2:41 PM in response to kdplatts

kdplatts wrote:

For some reason, my MacBook Pro refused my password, so I tried do use the Apple ID three different times. I even changed my password on Apple three different times.

It finally went to firmware lock. Is there a way that I can wipe out all information and reinstall my MacBook Pro as if there’s nothing there and start over thank you.

If you forgot your firmware password

If you can't remember your firmware password, schedule an in-person service appointment with an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider ( https://locate.apple.com/?apt_Flag=true )

Bring your Mac to the appointment, and bring your original receipt or invoice as proof of purchase.

MacBook Pro erase

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.