Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help with Contacts after migrating from 1 iphone to another..Says iCloud in contacts

Help with Contacts after migrating from 1 iphone to another..Says iCloud in contacts

After migrating from an old old iPhone, when I go into contacts it says iCloud. Is this a problem? I have no other Apple devices.

Or should I just shut off iCloud under my profile, name in Setting for icloud and Contacts?

Thank you very much in advance

Peter

Posted on Dec 28, 2022 2:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2022 2:48 PM

That's not a problem. At least it isn't a problem if you want your contacts automatically synced with iCloud. If your phone is ever lost, stolen, broken, etc you will have a copy of your contacts available on iCloud.com. Also they will automatically migrate to any new iPhone in the future. Also see: Set up iCloud for Contacts on all your devices - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2022 2:48 PM in response to peterc95

That's not a problem. At least it isn't a problem if you want your contacts automatically synced with iCloud. If your phone is ever lost, stolen, broken, etc you will have a copy of your contacts available on iCloud.com. Also they will automatically migrate to any new iPhone in the future. Also see: Set up iCloud for Contacts on all your devices - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.