Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When is Apple Watch going to read blood pressure, body temperature, heart rate, blood oxygen? I just purchased series 8, but may return as cheaper smartwatches are available that do all of those functions.

When is Apple Watch going to be able to read blood pressure, body temperature, heart rate, blood oxygen? I have just purchased a series 8, but may return it as there are other smartwatches that can do all of those functions.

Posted on Dec 28, 2022 3:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2022 3:53 PM

The Apple watch can read body temperature, heart rate, and blood oxygen.

Track your nightly wrist temperature changes with Apple Watch - Apple Support

Monitor your heart rate with Apple Watch - Apple Support

How to use the Blood Oxygen app on Apple Watch - Apple Support

However it does not read blood pressure. This is a user-to-user forum. No one here (with VERY limited exceptions) works for Apple. Even if we knew Apple's future plans, we are not allowed to discuss them on this forum.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2022 3:53 PM in response to jlaski2

The Apple watch can read body temperature, heart rate, and blood oxygen.

Track your nightly wrist temperature changes with Apple Watch - Apple Support

Monitor your heart rate with Apple Watch - Apple Support

How to use the Blood Oxygen app on Apple Watch - Apple Support

However it does not read blood pressure. This is a user-to-user forum. No one here (with VERY limited exceptions) works for Apple. Even if we knew Apple's future plans, we are not allowed to discuss them on this forum.

Dec 28, 2022 3:52 PM in response to jlaski2

Your Apple Watch 8 is most assuredly capable of tracking body temperature (as part of sleep tracking), heart rate and blood oxygen as well as ECG. Not all options are available in all countries. No current Apple Watch is capable of taking Blood Pressure measurements. Whether Apple will ever figure out a way for a device which sits on top of your wrist and is not capable of exerting the type of force against veins required to take Blood Pressure, no one here could possibly answer. We are NOT apple on this user to user only forum and we have no inside knowledge of what Apple is working on for future releases.

My instinct tells me Blood Pressure monitoring is not something a watch is capable of doing. But that's just my guess. If BP readings could be taken so easily, one would think your health care provider wouldn't need to put a cuff on your upper arm, which constricts your arm to accurately read your Blood Pressure.

Please point out which other watch is capable of accurately tracking Blood Pressure. I know of NONE which can do that.

When is Apple Watch going to read blood pressure, body temperature, heart rate, blood oxygen? I just purchased series 8, but may return as cheaper smartwatches are available that do all of those functions.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.