Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recovering your phones iMessages and FaceTimes

How do you recover the history of your iMessages and FaceTimes I’m updated to a 16.2 and my phone bill doesn’t show iMessages or FaceTime calls!

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Dec 28, 2022 7:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2022 7:50 PM

Can't help on FaceTime calls, but here are few "details" about recovering messages. Read this very carefully, since most users read what they want to read regarding retrieving messages.

Delete and recover messages on your iPhone or iPadOfficial Apple Support › en-us

You can only recover messages that have been deleted.....after.....you installed iOS 16

The messages to be recovered must have been deleted no more than 30 days ago

Both of the conditions above must be met in order to retrieve messages

So, if any messages were deleted.....before.....you installed IOS 16, they are gone.

Even if you installed iOS 16 and deleted a message after iOS was installed, the messages will only stay in Recently Deleted for up to 30 days before they are permanently deleted. Any messages that were deleted more than 30 days ago are gone.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2022 7:50 PM in response to Americanmade1

Can't help on FaceTime calls, but here are few "details" about recovering messages. Read this very carefully, since most users read what they want to read regarding retrieving messages.

Delete and recover messages on your iPhone or iPadOfficial Apple Support › en-us

You can only recover messages that have been deleted.....after.....you installed iOS 16

The messages to be recovered must have been deleted no more than 30 days ago

Both of the conditions above must be met in order to retrieve messages

So, if any messages were deleted.....before.....you installed IOS 16, they are gone.

Even if you installed iOS 16 and deleted a message after iOS was installed, the messages will only stay in Recently Deleted for up to 30 days before they are permanently deleted. Any messages that were deleted more than 30 days ago are gone.

Dec 28, 2022 7:55 PM in response to Americanmade1

Americanmade1 Said:

"Recovering your phones iMessages and FaceTimes: How do you recover the history of your iMessages and FaceTimes I’m updated to a 16.2 and my phone bill doesn’t show iMessages or FaceTime calls!"

-------

Recovering Messages:

Look in Call Log:

Log into your Carrier's site, seeing if you can obtain any messages from there. It wouldn't be mentioned as FaceTime, but it would show up as a call.

Recovering your phones iMessages and FaceTimes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.