Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t open the iPad as it shows data recovery can’t be completed

I can’t open my iPad as the screen shows data recovery can’t be completed. Please restore your iPad from backup. I tried to connect it with computer, but my computer can’t find the iPad to do the backup.

iPad

Posted on Dec 28, 2022 8:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2022 9:13 PM

Liliwang Said:

"I can’t open my iPad as the screen shows data recovery can’t be completed. Please restore your iPad from backup. I tried to connect it with computer, but my computer can’t find the iPad to do the backup."

-------

Troubleshooting Device Connectivity:

Fixing the Issue:

Perhaps it is not allowed to be seen but the USB-C Ports. That would make this connection not be successful. To fix this...

A. Reset your SMC and your NVRAM:

Sometimes changes (i.e. updates) are made to the system and then settings (i.e. for Ports) become manipulated, technically. So, reset both on your Mac. Then, try connecting once more. It might take three tries. to fix this. So, be certain you have the time to do so. (Applies to Intel-Based Macs Only)

Use these Links:

B. Restart your Mac:

Start with a restart. See if it is then seen.

C. Restart your Router:

Power off your router for 30 seconds, and then power it back on. See if it then syncs.

D. Try a New Administrator User:

Create a log int a new administrator user, seeing if you can get this to be Seen.

E. Boot in Safe Mode:

In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds, and then boot up normally, attempting another update install. For instructions, go here: How to Use Safe Mode on your Mac - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2022 9:13 PM in response to Liliwang

Liliwang Said:

"I can’t open my iPad as the screen shows data recovery can’t be completed. Please restore your iPad from backup. I tried to connect it with computer, but my computer can’t find the iPad to do the backup."

-------

Troubleshooting Device Connectivity:

Fixing the Issue:

Perhaps it is not allowed to be seen but the USB-C Ports. That would make this connection not be successful. To fix this...

A. Reset your SMC and your NVRAM:

Sometimes changes (i.e. updates) are made to the system and then settings (i.e. for Ports) become manipulated, technically. So, reset both on your Mac. Then, try connecting once more. It might take three tries. to fix this. So, be certain you have the time to do so. (Applies to Intel-Based Macs Only)

Use these Links:

B. Restart your Mac:

Start with a restart. See if it is then seen.

C. Restart your Router:

Power off your router for 30 seconds, and then power it back on. See if it then syncs.

D. Try a New Administrator User:

Create a log int a new administrator user, seeing if you can get this to be Seen.

E. Boot in Safe Mode:

In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds, and then boot up normally, attempting another update install. For instructions, go here: How to Use Safe Mode on your Mac - Apple Support

I can’t open the iPad as it shows data recovery can’t be completed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.