Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hello, I have a new iPad. I have transferred some of the data from my old iPad but can’t seem to transfer any of any apps

Transferring apps from older device

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on Dec 29, 2022 6:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2022 7:22 AM

Apps are not “transferred” between devices. Instead, assuming the Apps remain available for download and are compatible with your new iPad, your Apps are simply downloaded and installed again from the Apple App Store.

All Apps that you purchase are forever tied to the AppleID account from which they are purchased. All devices that are signed-in to iCloud and the App Store with the same AppleID are able to download and install the same Apps - without having to pay again.

How did you perform the transfer? If you transferred data manually, you’ll have to manually install Apps from the App Store.

If you transferred your data and settings to your new iPad using QuickStart, or by restoring an iCloud or iTunes backup, in rare circumstances the automatic download and installation of associated Apps can appear to stall.

Try a long-touch (i.e., touch and hold) of any App that appears to be stuck; next select Prioritise Download. This will usually kick-start and complete the App installation process.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2022 7:22 AM in response to MariaMc25

Apps are not “transferred” between devices. Instead, assuming the Apps remain available for download and are compatible with your new iPad, your Apps are simply downloaded and installed again from the Apple App Store.

All Apps that you purchase are forever tied to the AppleID account from which they are purchased. All devices that are signed-in to iCloud and the App Store with the same AppleID are able to download and install the same Apps - without having to pay again.

How did you perform the transfer? If you transferred data manually, you’ll have to manually install Apps from the App Store.

If you transferred your data and settings to your new iPad using QuickStart, or by restoring an iCloud or iTunes backup, in rare circumstances the automatic download and installation of associated Apps can appear to stall.

Try a long-touch (i.e., touch and hold) of any App that appears to be stuck; next select Prioritise Download. This will usually kick-start and complete the App installation process.

Hello, I have a new iPad. I have transferred some of the data from my old iPad but can’t seem to transfer any of any apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.