Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i create a group text on my iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Dec 29, 2022 7:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2022 7:04 AM

What type of group message do you want to create?

Types of group text messages

There are three types of group messages that you might see: group iMessage, group MMS, and group SMS. The Messages app automatically chooses the type of group message to send based on settings, network connection, and carrier plan. For example:

• If you and your recipients are using Apple devices and iMessage is turned on, then the group message is sent as an iMessage. You need to activate iMessage
  • If you send a group message to people who aren't using iMessage, then the message is sent as an MMS or SMS message. You need to contact your Carrier to enable SMS and/or MMS.

Send a group text message on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support (IN)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2022 7:04 AM in response to JTD210

What type of group message do you want to create?

Types of group text messages

There are three types of group messages that you might see: group iMessage, group MMS, and group SMS. The Messages app automatically chooses the type of group message to send based on settings, network connection, and carrier plan. For example:

• If you and your recipients are using Apple devices and iMessage is turned on, then the group message is sent as an iMessage. You need to activate iMessage
  • If you send a group message to people who aren't using iMessage, then the message is sent as an MMS or SMS message. You need to contact your Carrier to enable SMS and/or MMS.

Send a group text message on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support (IN)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.