Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't preview a song in iTunes Store - always results in "Apple Music" dialog

I'm unable to preview the songs on an album I found by searching. There is a "Play" arrow on each song and a "Preview" button near the album. However, clicking either one results in a "Get 3 months..." Apple Music offer. I don't want it.

I can play previews when browsing the iTunes Store. It is only when I have found an album by searching that I can't preview. I can't see any way to get to the album I'm interested in through browsing.

I've tried searching for two different albums: Capella De Ministrers and Led Zeppelin. Capella De Ministrers is somewhat obscure but Led Zeppelin is not.

Preview is essential. It is how I know I want to purchase the song.

I'm running MacOS 12.6.1

Posted on Dec 29, 2022 12:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2022 1:03 PM

Enter Led Zeppelin in the search box at the top of the sidebar, click iTunes Store at the top right of the main window, hover over the cursor over the song number (left of the song name and album cover in the list of songs in the album) and click the arrow that appears.

The following article has information about purchasing: Buy music from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2022 1:03 PM in response to TomU

Enter Led Zeppelin in the search box at the top of the sidebar, click iTunes Store at the top right of the main window, hover over the cursor over the song number (left of the song name and album cover in the list of songs in the album) and click the arrow that appears.

The following article has information about purchasing: Buy music from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Dec 29, 2022 1:32 PM in response to FoxFifth

Oh my goodness, now it works. See, I was clicking on "iTunes Store" in the side bar. I didn't see the option in the upper right. Now I do. it was probably there but I the other "iTunes Store" clickable pulled my attention away.

But all is not quite right. A subsequent search and I don't get the option. Still, I can play previews so OK. But there is some bug. After clicking around a little, Music crashed. (Note that I disabled the "Apple Music" feature between these two screen shots.)

thanks for the answer.

Can't preview a song in iTunes Store - always results in "Apple Music" dialog

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.