Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New ipad

I just bought a new iPad and was able to transfer my old iPad but the photos are still showing on my old iPad. NGOs do I delete this? I want to give my old iPad to a friend

iPad mini, iOS 12

Posted on Dec 29, 2022 4:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2022 4:41 PM

When using QuickStart, “transfer” is rather a misnomer. In reality, your data and setup is merely cloned to the new device; nothing is moved or removed from the original device.

When you are ready, the best procedure for preparing you old device for disposal or reuse can be found here:

What to do before you sell, give away or trade in your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2022 4:41 PM in response to Michee1955

When using QuickStart, “transfer” is rather a misnomer. In reality, your data and setup is merely cloned to the new device; nothing is moved or removed from the original device.

When you are ready, the best procedure for preparing you old device for disposal or reuse can be found here:

What to do before you sell, give away or trade in your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

New ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.