Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I Can not sign in to my app store.

I have factory restored my macbook air but the problem now is I can not sign in to my app store and keychain.Although, I can sign in to the iCloud. Even the password for apple id is correct but it shows " the apple id or password is incorrect ". I tried to reset the password for apple id it didn't work. I need help to solve this issue.

Thanks

MacBook Air 11″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 4:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 4:45 AM

If your MacBook is running indeed OSX 10.10 Yosemite, you cannot login to the App Store when you have two factor authentication enabled with your Apple ID and password. Instead, you will need to put a verification code in your password field.

As you cannot get to the normal 2 factor authentication screen you will need to generate a verification code on another apple device in order to log in. See this instructions on how to do that:

If you can’t receive a verification code on your trusted devices automatically, you can get one from Settings, even if your device is offline.

From your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If your device is online:

1. Go to Settings > [your name].
  2. Tap Password & Security > Get Verification Code.

If your device is offline:

2. Tap Password & Security. 
  3. A message says "Account Details Unavailable." Tap Get Verification Code.

From your Mac

1. Go to Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Apple ID.
  2. Click Password & Security > Get Verification Code.

Put the code you received instead of your Apple ID password, and you can login to the App Store now

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2022 4:45 AM in response to Abdul2018

If your MacBook is running indeed OSX 10.10 Yosemite, you cannot login to the App Store when you have two factor authentication enabled with your Apple ID and password. Instead, you will need to put a verification code in your password field.

As you cannot get to the normal 2 factor authentication screen you will need to generate a verification code on another apple device in order to log in. See this instructions on how to do that:

If you can’t receive a verification code on your trusted devices automatically, you can get one from Settings, even if your device is offline.

From your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If your device is online:

2. Tap Password & Security > Get Verification Code.

If your device is offline:

2. Tap Password & Security. 
  3. A message says "Account Details Unavailable." Tap Get Verification Code.

From your Mac

1. Go to Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Apple ID.
  2. Click Password & Security > Get Verification Code.

Put the code you received instead of your Apple ID password, and you can login to the App Store now

I Can not sign in to my app store.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.