Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID 2 Factor Authentication

My Apple ID had two factor authentication enabled on my previous phone number. My iPhone and MacBook got stolen. Now when I try to access my Apple ID it says that code has been sent to your number (phone stolen). I can't access my Apple ID and therefore can't even track my stolen devices.

Please help me figure a way to access my Apple ID. The only other security options I was left with was to enter the MasterCard info linked to my account. I did that. Now Apple says that it is reviewing my information and might take a week.

Every second counts here! I need that Apple ID to login into my work gmail, and to track my stolen devices as well.

PLEASE HELP ME!

iPhone 11

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 8:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 9:09 AM

This document describes what you're seeing --> How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

- "Account recovery is a process designed to get you back into your Apple ID account when you don’t have enough information to reset your password." "If you use two-factor authentication and can’t sign in or reset your password, you can regain access after an account recovery waiting period."

"Check the status of your request

At any time, you can see how long it will be until your account is ready for recovery, or when more information will be available. Just go to https://iforgot.apple.com and enter your Apple ID."

"In some cases, you might be able to speed up the account recovery process or reset your password immediately by verifying a six-digit code sent to your primary email address. You might also be able to shorten the wait time by providing credit-card details to confirm your identity. If you’re given this option, an authorization request goes to the card issuer."

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2022 9:09 AM in response to tabish3

This document describes what you're seeing --> How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

- "Account recovery is a process designed to get you back into your Apple ID account when you don’t have enough information to reset your password." "If you use two-factor authentication and can’t sign in or reset your password, you can regain access after an account recovery waiting period."

"Check the status of your request

At any time, you can see how long it will be until your account is ready for recovery, or when more information will be available. Just go to https://iforgot.apple.com and enter your Apple ID."

"In some cases, you might be able to speed up the account recovery process or reset your password immediately by verifying a six-digit code sent to your primary email address. You might also be able to shorten the wait time by providing credit-card details to confirm your identity. If you’re given this option, an authorization request goes to the card issuer."

Dec 30, 2022 9:07 AM in response to tabish3

This won't speed things up now but for future reference, add additional numbers or an Account Recovery Contact:

To edit your list of trusted items go to the section: About trusted phone numbers and trusted devices in the document Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

To see, add, or change your trusted phone numbers:

- On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch: Go to Settings > your name > Password & Security. Next to Trusted Phone Number, tap Edit.

- On a Mac: Choose Apple menu  > System Settings (or System Preferences), then click your name (or Apple ID). Click Password & Security, then add or remove a trusted phone number.

- In a web browser: Go to the Account Security section of https://appleid.apple.com/

Dec 30, 2022 9:31 AM in response to tabish3

We are users just like you. There is nothing we can do that you cannot (in fact less since it isn't our account that has problems). Apple used to have pretty firm wording in the document saying there is nothing they can do to speed up the process. They have removed them so I guess you are welcome to contact them but I doubt it will do any good, particularly if they are waiting on hearing from your credit card company.

Support

Apple ID 2 Factor Authentication

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.