Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backslash

How can I type a backslash with no backslash key?

I have a Macbook retina 12" 2015. I don't have on the keyboard the key with the "Pipe" and the "backslash" symbol.

I've an Italian Querty 'cose I'm from Italy so I need my keyboard setting stay this way.

The combination of alt+shift+7 give me this ⁄

Thanks

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 9:17 AM

15 replies

Dec 31, 2022 2:25 AM in response to rkaufmann87

Thanks, there's no shortcut for the backslash in that link, but I found another related link that helped me, at least when I need to type it in a writing program, I share the link if anyone find himself in the same position:

Utilizzare emoji e simboli sul Mac - Supporto Apple (IT)

In the screenshot attached you can see the path to find the backslash symbol:

Happy new year to everyone

Jan 2, 2023 5:02 AM in response to SaraS8018

SaraS8018 wrote:

It's a refurbished machine, I bought it on amazon, and all the Keys are regular compared with my old MacBook Air, the only "missing" key is the "Pipe/backslash".

Interesting! You might want to complain to the refurbisher about the non-standard American shape (ANSI) keyboard they installed. Standard Apple Italian and other European keyboards are always the ISO type, with an extra key next to Z and a different shape and arrangement of keys over at the right edge. Missing a key like that means some characters cannot be made directly without installing custom made software. If you want I could make you that with Ukelele.

Backslash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.