Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Best way to set up HomePod mini for a family intercom

I want to set up three HomePod minis in my house. One in the living room/kitchen and one each of my children's room. The main purpose is for the intercom function.

I have two questions.

1. Do I set up each HomePod mini using my iPhone or the main HomePod mini with my phone and the other two homed minis with my children's iPhones? I do not want them to be able to disable the intercom ability.
  2. When I broadcast a message and my kids are wearing their apple AirPods pros, will the broadcast message go to their AirPods Pros?

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 10:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 10:55 AM

1. Setup all 3 of the HomePods with your Apple ID so you alone control them.
  2. The broadcast message will go to all HomePods and any other devices that have the Intercom Notifications option turned on. If the AirPods they are wearing are connected to an iPhone, iPad or Mac with the Intercom Notifications turned on, the message will play through the AirPods too.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2022 10:55 AM in response to giper54

1. Setup all 3 of the HomePods with your Apple ID so you alone control them.
  2. The broadcast message will go to all HomePods and any other devices that have the Intercom Notifications option turned on. If the AirPods they are wearing are connected to an iPhone, iPad or Mac with the Intercom Notifications turned on, the message will play through the AirPods too.

Best way to set up HomePod mini for a family intercom

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.