Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an ipad mini that will only update to IOS 12.5.6 and when I try to transfer my data to my new ipad mini, it won't do it because I need IOS 14 or more, what can I do to transfer my data

I have an old ipad mini (2nd generation) that will only update to IOS 12.5.6 and when I try to transfer my data to my new ipad mini (6th generation), I get a message that says I need IOS 14 or more. What can I do to transfer my data?

iPad mini 6 Wi-Fi

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 12:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 1:29 PM

How are you trying to transfer your data exactly?

Quick Start / Transfer requires iOS 14 or later on both devices.

However, you can use an iCloud or iTunes backup instead and does not require any specific version on the source device.

Click here ➡️ Transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your new iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2022 1:29 PM in response to theodora208

How are you trying to transfer your data exactly?

Quick Start / Transfer requires iOS 14 or later on both devices.

However, you can use an iCloud or iTunes backup instead and does not require any specific version on the source device.

Click here ➡️ Transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your new iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

I have an ipad mini that will only update to IOS 12.5.6 and when I try to transfer my data to my new ipad mini, it won't do it because I need IOS 14 or more, what can I do to transfer my data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.