Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I find my airpods

How can I find my AirPods ?

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 1:31 PM

1 reply

Dec 31, 2022 5:57 PM in response to Chero321

Hello Chero321,

The steps below can help you locate your missing AirPods:

"Locate your AirPods on a map

If you've lost or misplaced your AirPods, you might be able to find them if you use the Find My app on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac that you're signed in to with the same Apple ID. With AirPods Pro (2nd generation), you can also locate the charging case on the map if it's separated from your AirPods.

Locate your AirPods in the Find My app

1. Open the Find My app.
  2. Select the Devices tab.
  3. Choose your AirPods. Under each device, you see a location or "No location found."

If you can't locate your AirPods on the map

Turn on the Find My network 

If you turn on the Find My network, you might be able to see the location of your AirPods (3rd generation), AirPods Pro and AirPods Pro (2nd generation), or AirPods Max even if your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch isn't connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network.

1. On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, open the Settings app.
  2. Select your name, then select Find My.
  3. Select Find My [device], then turn on Find My [device].
  4. Turn on "Find My network."
  5. On iPhone, turn on Find My network to locate your iPhone even when it's offline

Play a sound on your AirPods

If your AirPods are near any of your Apple devices and connected to Bluetooth, you can play a sound to help you find them. With AirPods Pro (2nd generation), you can also play a sound to help find your charging case.

1. Open the Find My app.
  2. Select the Devices tab.
  3. Choose your AirPods from the list.
  4. Tap Play Sound to play a sound that gets louder gradually.
  5. In Find My, you can tap Play Sound to help you find your AirPods

Make sure that your AirPods are not in or on your ears before you play a sound.

Get an alert if you leave your AirPods behind

If you have iPhone 12 or later, you can set up separation alerts so that you don't leave your AirPods (3rd generation), AirPods Pro and AirPods Pro (2nd generation), or AirPods Max at an unknown location.

1. Open the Find My app.
  2. Go to the Devices tab, and choose your AirPods.
  3. Under Notifications, tap Notify When Left Behind.
  4. Turn on Notify When Left Behind.
  5. Turn on Notify when Left Behind on iPhone

Turn on Lost Mode for your AirPods

When you turn on Lost Mode for your AirPods (3rd generation), AirPods Pro and AirPods Pro (2nd generation), or AirPods Max, you can share a message with your phone number or email address. If someone finds your AirPods, the message appears on their iPhone.

Turn on Lost Mode:

1. On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, open the Find My app.
  2. Go to the Devices tab, and choose your AirPods.
  3. Scroll down to Mark as Lost, and select Activate.
  4. Follow the onscreen steps if you want your contact information to display for your missing AirPods.
  5. Mark your AirPods Pro as lost on iPhone

6. Select Activate.

If your AirPods are offline

If your AirPods are out of range or need to charge, you might see their last known location, "No location found," or "Offline."

You can't play a sound to find them, but you might be able to get directions to the location where they were last connected. If they do come back online, you get a notification on the iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac that you use with them.

Replace a missing AirPod or charging case

If you still can't find your AirPod or charging case, or if something is damaged, get the serial number and then contact Apple Support for a replacement. Then learn how to set up your replacement.

Learn more about AirPods pricing and service options"

Find your lost AirPods

Cheers.

How can I find my airpods

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.