Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Want to get “Dolby Atmos” via Audio Soundbar

Hi

I am using Apple TV 4K ( 1st gen). I just bought today a Audio Soundbar named “Sonos ARC”

if I want to use Apple TV 4K with this sound bar in order to get “Dolby Atmos” sound experience then how I can get it!

The problem is the Soundbar has only one HDMI ARC port! No other HDMI port available . if I connect input HDMI from “Apple TV 4K “ to Soundbar HDMI ARC port, then how I can connect my TV screen to this soundbar as there is no other HDMI port left on the soundbar!

Any Suggestions please ?

thanks

//

Gazi

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 2:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 6:52 PM

The Sonos is intended to connect to a TV only, no video passthrough. So connect as:

Apple TV 4K →[HDMI]→ TV →[HDMI eARC]→ soundbar

If your TV doesn’t have HDMI eARC, then you may will need a different way to bring the high bandwidth Atmos audio to the soundbar. One often recommended device is the HDfury Arcana, specifically developed for such setups:

Apple TV 4K →[HDMI]→ HDfury Arcana →[HDMI-video]→ TV

↘︎[HDMI-audio]→ soundbar

Regular HDMI ARC on a TV doesn’t have the bandwidth that Atmos MAT from Apple TV 4K requires.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2022 6:52 PM in response to garahman

The Sonos is intended to connect to a TV only, no video passthrough. So connect as:

Apple TV 4K →[HDMI]→ TV →[HDMI eARC]→ soundbar

If your TV doesn’t have HDMI eARC, then you may will need a different way to bring the high bandwidth Atmos audio to the soundbar. One often recommended device is the HDfury Arcana, specifically developed for such setups:

Apple TV 4K →[HDMI]→ HDfury Arcana →[HDMI-video]→ TV

↘︎[HDMI-audio]→ soundbar

Regular HDMI ARC on a TV doesn’t have the bandwidth that Atmos MAT from Apple TV 4K requires.

Want to get “Dolby Atmos” via Audio Soundbar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.