Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I forgot the passcode for my iPhone, what can I do?

I forgot my passcode for my iPhone 11, what is the least complicated way to restore or reset the phone, that will actually work?

iPhone 11

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 5:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 6:04 PM

See this support document -> If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

Bottom line is you must erase the device. With newer iOS versions (iOS 15.2 or newer) you can erase the device from the device itself, see -> If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen - Apple Support

For older versions of iOS use the instructions in the first link above to erase the device with iTunes or finder.

Erasing the device is the one, and the only way to reset a screen lock passcode.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2022 6:04 PM in response to Communityofone

See this support document -> If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

Bottom line is you must erase the device. With newer iOS versions (iOS 15.2 or newer) you can erase the device from the device itself, see -> If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen - Apple Support

For older versions of iOS use the instructions in the first link above to erase the device with iTunes or finder.

Erasing the device is the one, and the only way to reset a screen lock passcode.

I forgot the passcode for my iPhone, what can I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.