Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to remove a payment method?

I’m having great difficulty in removing/updating my payment method! It will not allow me to add my updated info, nor will it remove the card, even after I added a different card . It just refuses to do it

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 6:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 7:28 PM

In what way does it just refuse? If we are to help you we need specifics. Quote exact error messages or give use a detailed description of the steps you are taking and where it fails to behave as expected.

To find out how to remove a payment method, or if you can't remove your last payment method or use no payment method with your Apple ID, read this article --> Remove a payment method from your Apple ID - Apple Support

- Ongoing subscriptions and Family Sharing organizers must always have a payment method present. To edit the cards used for those you may need to first add the new card and make it the primary payment method before removing the old card ( If you need to change or update your Apple ID payment method - Apple Support ).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2022 7:28 PM in response to Devilwmn

In what way does it just refuse? If we are to help you we need specifics. Quote exact error messages or give use a detailed description of the steps you are taking and where it fails to behave as expected.

To find out how to remove a payment method, or if you can't remove your last payment method or use no payment method with your Apple ID, read this article --> Remove a payment method from your Apple ID - Apple Support

- Ongoing subscriptions and Family Sharing organizers must always have a payment method present. To edit the cards used for those you may need to first add the new card and make it the primary payment method before removing the old card ( If you need to change or update your Apple ID payment method - Apple Support ).

how to remove a payment method?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.