Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forgor my passcode but I can still get in with face id

So I kinda forgot my iPhone passcode but I got into my phone with face id, how to I figure out what my passcode is so I can change it from inside my phone.

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 7:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 7:59 PM

You cannot.

Face ID is not a replacement for your passcode. Eventually, sometime within the next few days, your iPhone will require you to enter your passcode. If you try to change your passcode, you will need to enter your current passcode first.

If you cannot remember your passcode, follow these instructions: If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2022 7:59 PM in response to Andoon

You cannot.

Face ID is not a replacement for your passcode. Eventually, sometime within the next few days, your iPhone will require you to enter your passcode. If you try to change your passcode, you will need to enter your current passcode first.

If you cannot remember your passcode, follow these instructions: If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

Forgor my passcode but I can still get in with face id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.