Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch won’t pair with phone

I just got a new Apple Watch. When I try to pair it with my phone, it says that the Apple ID is incorrect. I tried re-setting the watch, but it’s still the same

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 11:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2022 2:07 PM

Hi, and Welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community.

Re: Apple ID issue / Watch

If the new Apple Watch had a previous owner, it may not have been properly prepared for a new owner.

In that case, you would need to ask the previous owner to get it ready for you.

The watch may be still using their Apple ID. Apple support's article below may help:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else

If it is a brand new (no previous owner) Apple Watch:

You might want to check that you are signed in (to your phone) with the same Apple ID that you will use for the Watch: Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

Also, your Apple Watch might require a software update on your iPhone before you can set up the watch

Apple Support's article below can guide you to update if needed and pair with your phone

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

All the best :-)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2022 2:07 PM in response to Appleidissue22

Hi, and Welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community.

Re: Apple ID issue / Watch

If the new Apple Watch had a previous owner, it may not have been properly prepared for a new owner.

In that case, you would need to ask the previous owner to get it ready for you.

The watch may be still using their Apple ID. Apple support's article below may help:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else

If it is a brand new (no previous owner) Apple Watch:

You might want to check that you are signed in (to your phone) with the same Apple ID that you will use for the Watch: Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

Also, your Apple Watch might require a software update on your iPhone before you can set up the watch

Apple Support's article below can guide you to update if needed and pair with your phone

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

All the best :-)

Apple Watch won’t pair with phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.