Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to copy and paste on iPhone

I have the 16.2 iOS update on new 14 plus but cannot copy and paste.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 14 Plus

Posted on Dec 31, 2022 7:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 8:45 AM

That was less than helpful. The problem is not that people don’t know the process of cutting and pasting, the problem lies in the fact that it will not paste. That article is the equivalent of me stating that my car will not start - then having someone explain, “First, place your foot on the break, then insert the key, turn it, then the car starts.“

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2023 8:45 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

That was less than helpful. The problem is not that people don’t know the process of cutting and pasting, the problem lies in the fact that it will not paste. That article is the equivalent of me stating that my car will not start - then having someone explain, “First, place your foot on the break, then insert the key, turn it, then the car starts.“

Jan 4, 2023 9:41 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

BTW, I wasn’t the original poster. However, you expressed a fair point - thanks for pointing that out. I had not considered that there would be users lacking understanding of a basic function. That said, what I am experiencing is that after the 16.2 update on my 14 pro, I am able to cut, but the paste function is specifically absent. It either presents the option to “select all”, or it does nothing and there are no pop-up options to choose from. Also, it seems sporadic - this does not happen with every app. Some forums suggest going into general settings, and that there should be an option available under the app to “allow copy/paste”, but from what I’ve seen - that hasn’t been the case. No such option exists.

Jan 4, 2023 9:26 AM in response to jpl5150

Your original post was less than helpful, because it didn’t say what the problem was, and I am not a mind reader. It is not reasonable to assume that when someone asks a very general question that they have additional information or knowledge that the responder doesn’t know about. Believe it or not, there are many users who do not know how to cut and paste in iOS. I’m happy that you do, but you didn’t say that you do know how.

Jan 7, 2023 12:34 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Where you able to find any solution to this issue. The Gif will state it was copied, the menu comes up after long pressing text box and I select the paste option and then……. Nothing! Menu doesn’t close, gif doesn’t get pasted and phone even do the little haptic vibration.. it basically acts like my phone would if I hadn’t copied anything at all.

Jan 4, 2023 10:33 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Hey, no worries - if you do happen across a useable fix/workaround for the issue that I described, please post it. The inability to cut from a password manager and paste into the app requiring a password becomes an ordeal. Understanding that user forums have limitations - I will reach out to Apple Support to see if they're working on a solution. Ironically, from what I've read, this issue is one of the things that 16.2. was supposed to fix...

Unable to copy and paste on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.