Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm trying to erase my Macbook Air

I'm having a hard time finding the erase all information when I go to Preferences on my Macbook Air

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Dec 31, 2022 10:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2022 10:46 AM

The option in Preferences is only available on recent Macs that have the T2 chip -- see: Mac models with the Apple T2 Security Chip - Apple Support or on Macs that have Apple silicon (M1, M2) rather than an Intel cpu.

For older Macs, skip step 2 in What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support and use the remaining steps instead.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2022 10:46 AM in response to OldComputerAnneD

The option in Preferences is only available on recent Macs that have the T2 chip -- see: Mac models with the Apple T2 Security Chip - Apple Support or on Macs that have Apple silicon (M1, M2) rather than an Intel cpu.

For older Macs, skip step 2 in What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support and use the remaining steps instead.

I'm trying to erase my Macbook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.