Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airpods Pro (2nd Generation)

Why does my Bluetooth show my aipods as 2 devices whenever they connect? Whenever I click on it though it only shows the name of my airpods and also sometimes say they're connected to my phone but won't be and I'll have to repair. I've tried forgetting them and pairing them back again multiple times and resetting my phone but nothing changes.

Posted on Dec 31, 2022 11:12 PM

1 reply

Jan 2, 2023 10:10 AM in response to vaels

Hi there vaels,

If your AirPods Pro appear twice on your iPhone Bluetooth menu and they sometimes aren't connected, you'll want to start by making sure your iPhone is updated to the latest iOS version, which is iOS 16.2. You can check that in Settings > General > About > Software Version. If needed, learn how to update your iPhone here: Update your iPhone or iPad

Next, make sure your AirPods firmware is updated. The current firmware version is 5B58. Follow the steps below to check that:

Go to Settings > Bluetooth, then tap the Info button  next to the name of your AirPods. Scroll down to the About section to find the firmware version.

You'll find this information here: About firmware updates for AirPods

If your iPhone and AirPods firmware are both up-to-date, you'll want to try a reset with these steps:

1. Put your AirPods in their charging case, and close the lid.
2. Wait 30 seconds.
3. Open the lid of your charging case, and put your AirPods in your ears.
4. Go to Settings > Bluetooth. Or go to Settings > [your AirPods].
- If your AirPods appear there as connected, tap the More Info button  next to your AirPods, tap Forget This Device, then tap again to confirm.
- If your AirPods don't appear there, continue to the next step. 
5. Put your AirPods in their charging case, and keep the lid open. 
6. Press and hold the setup button on the back of the case for about 15 seconds, until the status light on the front of the case flashes amber, then white.*
AirPods charging cases

7. Reconnect your AirPods: With your AirPods in their charging case and the lid open, place your AirPods close to your iPhone or iPad. Follow the steps on your device's screen.

These steps can be found in this support article: How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro

Take care.

Airpods Pro (2nd Generation)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.