Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is the passcode and password the same?

I'm locked out of my ipad. My security id a d password work when I sign in to apple support. But when signing in to ipad it does not work. Is the passcode and password the same thing?

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on Jan 1, 2023 6:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2023 10:36 AM

If you're asking if they are the same thing, then no. A password in the Apple context is the string of letters and numbers that you use when you sign into your Apple Account for an Apple service. you likely used yours to post on this site.

A passcode is often a 4 digit number you use to unlock a mobile device, though a longer, 6-item alphanumeric. version is possible. Conceivably if you were using the latter then word and code could be set to the same, though I suspect that would be unusual and very bad security.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2023 10:36 AM in response to betzaida273

If you're asking if they are the same thing, then no. A password in the Apple context is the string of letters and numbers that you use when you sign into your Apple Account for an Apple service. you likely used yours to post on this site.

A passcode is often a 4 digit number you use to unlock a mobile device, though a longer, 6-item alphanumeric. version is possible. Conceivably if you were using the latter then word and code could be set to the same, though I suspect that would be unusual and very bad security.

Is the passcode and password the same?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.