Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My email stopped working and I do not know how to get it back?

My email stopped working on my iPhone -how do I fix it?

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 1, 2023 8:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2023 8:55 AM

I'm sorry to hear that your email has stopped working on your iPhone. Here are a few things you can try to fix the problem:

1. Check your internet connection: Make sure that your iPhone is connected to the internet and that you have a stable internet connection. You can try connecting to a different network or resetting your router to see if that resolves the issue.
  2. Check your email account settings: Make sure that your email account is set up correctly on your iPhone. You can check your email account settings by going to "Settings" > "Passwords & Accounts" or "Settings" > "Mail" > "Accounts." Make sure that the email address and password are correct, and that the "Incoming Mail Server" and "Outgoing Mail Server" settings are correct.
  3. Restart your iPhone: Sometimes, a simple restart can fix issues with email on your iPhone. To restart your iPhone, hold down the power button until the "Slide to Power Off" slider appears, then slide the slider to the right to turn off your iPhone. Wait a few seconds, then hold down the power button again to turn your iPhone back on.
  4. Check for updates: Make sure that you have the latest version of iOS installed on your iPhone. A new update might include fixes for email issues. To check for updates, go to "Settings" > "General" > "Software Update."
  5. Contact your email provider: If you have tried all of the above steps and your email is still not working, you may want to contact your email provider for further assistance. They may be able to help you resolve any issues with your email account.
  6. Delete and re-add your email account: If you are still having issues with your email, you can try deleting the email account from your iPhone and then re-adding it. To delete the account, go to "Settings" > "Passwords & Accounts" or "Settings" > "Mail" > "Accounts," tap on the email account, and then tap on the "Delete Account" button. To re-add the account, go to the same menu and tap on the "Add Account" button, then follow the on-screen prompts to set up your email account.

I hope these tips help! If you continue to have issues with your email on your iPhone, you may want to try contacting Apple for further assistance.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2023 8:55 AM in response to Connlawchic

I'm sorry to hear that your email has stopped working on your iPhone. Here are a few things you can try to fix the problem:

1. Check your internet connection: Make sure that your iPhone is connected to the internet and that you have a stable internet connection. You can try connecting to a different network or resetting your router to see if that resolves the issue.
  2. Check your email account settings: Make sure that your email account is set up correctly on your iPhone. You can check your email account settings by going to "Settings" > "Passwords & Accounts" or "Settings" > "Mail" > "Accounts." Make sure that the email address and password are correct, and that the "Incoming Mail Server" and "Outgoing Mail Server" settings are correct.
  3. Restart your iPhone: Sometimes, a simple restart can fix issues with email on your iPhone. To restart your iPhone, hold down the power button until the "Slide to Power Off" slider appears, then slide the slider to the right to turn off your iPhone. Wait a few seconds, then hold down the power button again to turn your iPhone back on.
  4. Check for updates: Make sure that you have the latest version of iOS installed on your iPhone. A new update might include fixes for email issues. To check for updates, go to "Settings" > "General" > "Software Update."
  5. Contact your email provider: If you have tried all of the above steps and your email is still not working, you may want to contact your email provider for further assistance. They may be able to help you resolve any issues with your email account.
  6. Delete and re-add your email account: If you are still having issues with your email, you can try deleting the email account from your iPhone and then re-adding it. To delete the account, go to "Settings" > "Passwords & Accounts" or "Settings" > "Mail" > "Accounts," tap on the email account, and then tap on the "Delete Account" button. To re-add the account, go to the same menu and tap on the "Add Account" button, then follow the on-screen prompts to set up your email account.

I hope these tips help! If you continue to have issues with your email on your iPhone, you may want to try contacting Apple for further assistance.

My email stopped working and I do not know how to get it back?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.