Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone SE2 Custom Calendar

Does anyone know how to set up a calendar event for 5/1, 6/1, 7/1, 8/1 & 9/1 that repeats every year ?

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 1, 2023 8:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 1:46 PM

As it’s yearly, I put the year I want it to end. When you set up Custom/Yearly you can choose the months in the year you want the even to appear. After Tapping Custom, tap Yearly and you will see this:

oops, I left out Sep, but I think you get the idea. After choosing months tap New Event and it will show:

You can see that it says that it repeats every year and the months it will repeat in

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2023 1:46 PM in response to helpout1

As it’s yearly, I put the year I want it to end. When you set up Custom/Yearly you can choose the months in the year you want the even to appear. After Tapping Custom, tap Yearly and you will see this:

oops, I left out Sep, but I think you get the idea. After choosing months tap New Event and it will show:

You can see that it says that it repeats every year and the months it will repeat in

Jan 2, 2023 12:22 PM in response to helpout1

Hi helpout1,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having an issue creating a repeating event in your Calendar. We'd like to help.

From what you've described, you'd like to set a calendar event that repeats every 1st of the month starting in May. To do this, you'll create an even on May 1 and when adding the details of that event, you'll choose Repeat and choose the option that works best for you. For you, that would be the Monthly option. These steps may help you get through this:

Add an event
1. In Day view, tap the Add button at the top of the screen.

2. Enter the title of the event.

3. Tap Location or Video Call, then enter a physical location or tap FaceTime to enter a video link for a remote event.

You can also copy a FaceTime link you created or received and paste it in the Location field. See Create a link to a FaceTime call on iPhone.

4. Enter the start and end times for the event, the travel time, invitees, attachments, and so on. (Swipe up, if necessary, to enter all the meeting information.)

5. Tap Add.

Hope that helps.

Cheers!

Jan 2, 2023 1:28 PM in response to helpout1

This is a little tricky, but here’s an idea:

• Create the event for 5/1
  • Tap repeat and choose Custom
  • For Frequency choose Yearly
  • Tap Every and choose 1
  • Now tap the months you want: May, Jun, Jul, Aug, sep
  • Tap in the upper LEFT to go back one level
  • For End Repeat choose Never, or a date in a year when you want it to stop.

I just test this, and it works. I have an event for the 1st of those months, and it repeats every year.

Jan 2, 2023 1:31 PM in response to Support-22

Support-22 wrote:

Need puk number

Contact your carrier, or log in to their customer portal.

And in the future instead of “threadjacking” - posting a totally unrelated question at the end of a thread about something completely different, click Ask the Community at the top of every page and create a new post. You will get much more attention from the other users in this user-to-user forum. You’re just lucky that I was answering the original post in this thread.

Jan 4, 2023 9:12 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Lawrence your solution got me to the answer. Your screenshots gave me too many reminders (every day of the month for 5 months). I just wanted 5 reminders. To correct it, I turned on the "Days of the Week" slider. Then selected "First Day". But then I noticed the iPhone corrected me lol. It automatically changed Custom frequency and year (from yearly and year) to "monthly" and "month". You said it...the iPhone calendar is tricky.

iPhone SE2 Custom Calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.