Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SMS messages not forwarded

I have followed the directions but my SMS messages aren't being sent from my iPhone to my MacBook. Help.

Posted on Jan 1, 2023 10:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 1:42 PM

Hey there, and welcome to Apple Support Communities SusanInThePines,

We can certainly understand your concern and see you came to us from the article Forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your Mac or iPad.

We would like you to follow a couple of steps in order to get a better understanding of the situation and possibly resolve the issue.

1. Let's make sure that the devices you are using are all signed in with the same Apple ID in Messages.
  2. On an iPhone, make sure you haven't blocked your own contact information. You can check this in Settings > Messages > Blocked Contacts.
  3. Let's verify that the software on the devices is up to date.
  4. Go ahead and check that there is network connectivity.
  5. Let's make sure that you can still send iMessages. If iMessages isn't working, Text Message Forwarding won’t set up properly.

If none of these steps help resolve your issue, then it might be helpful for you to speak with Apple directly about this matter. Click the link below, choose the phone number for your region from the list, and call when it is convenient.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Kindest regards!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2023 1:42 PM in response to SusanInThePines

Hey there, and welcome to Apple Support Communities SusanInThePines,

We can certainly understand your concern and see you came to us from the article Forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your Mac or iPad.

We would like you to follow a couple of steps in order to get a better understanding of the situation and possibly resolve the issue.

1. Let's make sure that the devices you are using are all signed in with the same Apple ID in Messages.
  2. On an iPhone, make sure you haven't blocked your own contact information. You can check this in Settings > Messages > Blocked Contacts.
  3. Let's verify that the software on the devices is up to date.
  4. Go ahead and check that there is network connectivity.
  5. Let's make sure that you can still send iMessages. If iMessages isn't working, Text Message Forwarding won’t set up properly.

If none of these steps help resolve your issue, then it might be helpful for you to speak with Apple directly about this matter. Click the link below, choose the phone number for your region from the list, and call when it is convenient.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Kindest regards!

SMS messages not forwarded

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.