Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to put music on my iphone without using itunes

Posted on Jan 1, 2023 2:56 PM

6 replies

Jan 2, 2023 3:45 PM in response to RonHarris555

Hi RonHarris555,

Are you an Apple Music subscriber? If so, then you can access your music library, including your playlists, on any device that has the Apple Music app and signed in with the same Apple ID that you use with your Apple Music subscription with Sync Library. There's more information on this feature here: Use Sync Library to access your music library across your devices.

How to turn on Sync Library on your iPhone or iPad

1. Make sure that your iPhone or iPad is signed in with the same Apple ID that you use with your Apple Music subscription.
2. Go to Settings.
3. Tap Music.
4. Turn on Sync Library.
iPhone showing Music Settings and Sync Library turned on
5. Turn on Sync Library on your other devices.

You may find the information in this resource helpful: Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer.

Before syncing your content, consider using iCloud, Apple Music, or similar services to keep content from your Mac or PC in the cloud. This way, you can access your music, photos, and more on your iOS or iPadOS devices when you aren't near your computer. 

Depending on the macOS version your Mac has, you might need to use Finder or iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using your computer. If you have a PC, you will need to use iTunes to sync with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Best regards.

Jan 2, 2023 4:23 PM in response to MVegas21

Thank you for your reply. What I'm wanting to do is buy a physical music CD and rip it using Windows non-Apple software and put it on my iPhone without using iTunes.

I have ripped many CD's and brought them into iTunes successively. Then, by connecting my iPhone to my PC and using iTunes, am able to put this music on my iPhone and able to play it using Apple Music. (I have Apple One, which includes Apple Music.) While this works, it's a bother when you use different computers in different places. You run the risk of removing music from your iPhone.

If I want to transfer photos from my pc to my iPhone, I can easily do this using iCloud. Unfortunately, music does not have this option. I can transfer my music to my iPhone using iCloud Drive, but this is not the same as putting music into Apple Music.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.