Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to erase all contacts in iCloud

How can I erase all my iCloud contacts? On my iPhone I have about 750 contacts, but iCloud has almost 2300 contacts and many contact groups. The unneeded contacts and contact groups are from a consulting job I had that ended years ago, and I don't need any of these old contacts.

Right now these unneeded contacts are messing things up when I try to use an app that synchronizes Outlook and iPhone using iCloud as the intermediary?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jan 1, 2023 4:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 4:19 PM

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities philip-b,

You can manage Contacts either from a signed in device, or from the iCloud website using the following steps:

You can delete a contact in Contacts on iCloud.com. When you delete a contact, it’s deleted on every device that has Contacts turned on in iCloud settings.

1: In Contacts on iCloud.com, click the All Contacts group in the sidebar, then select one or more contacts you want to delete.
2: Press the Delete key, then click Delete.

Delete contacts on iCloud.com

We hope this helps!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2023 4:19 PM in response to philip-b

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities philip-b,

You can manage Contacts either from a signed in device, or from the iCloud website using the following steps:

You can delete a contact in Contacts on iCloud.com. When you delete a contact, it’s deleted on every device that has Contacts turned on in iCloud settings.

1: In Contacts on iCloud.com, click the All Contacts group in the sidebar, then select one or more contacts you want to delete.
2: Press the Delete key, then click Delete.

Delete contacts on iCloud.com

We hope this helps!

how to erase all contacts in iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.