Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPadOS 16.2 iCloud Files Issue

iCloud sync files don't show on iPad files app. Everything is enabled for sync as much on the iPhone. On iPhone, everything is fine with the iCloud Folder showing in the Locations section on the Files app. But on iPad is completely missing. I delete and reinstall the app. I restart the iPad but nothing. It shows only the On My iPad folder, Google Drive, TeamViewer, and Recently deleted. iCloud is a ghost! What is happening?

Posted on Jan 1, 2023 5:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 4:37 PM

Hey there Concl4v3,

It sounds like iCloud might not be set up on your iPad if you're unable to view iCloud information on your iPad. We recommend using the steps below to help with getting iCloud set up and enable iCloud Drive to view your files:

Sign into iCloud:

1. On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > [your name].
If you don’t see [your name], tap “Sign in to your [device],” then enter your Apple ID and password.

Sign in to iCloud on all your devices

Enable iCloud Drive:

1. On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud.
2. Do one of the following:
• iOS 16, iPadOS 16, or later: Tap iCloud Drive, then turn on Sync this [device].
• iOS 15, iPadOS 15, or earlier: Turn on iCloud Drive.
A list of apps appears below iCloud Drive. When you turn on an app, it can store data in iCloud.
3. To view your iCloud Drive files and folders, open the Files app and go to the iCloud Drive section.

Set up iCloud Drive on all your devices

Double check to see if you can view your items in the Files app next. Feel free to post an update with more info if you need additional help.

Take care!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2023 4:37 PM in response to Concl4v3

Hey there Concl4v3,

It sounds like iCloud might not be set up on your iPad if you're unable to view iCloud information on your iPad. We recommend using the steps below to help with getting iCloud set up and enable iCloud Drive to view your files:

Sign into iCloud:

1. On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > [your name].
If you don’t see [your name], tap “Sign in to your [device],” then enter your Apple ID and password.

Sign in to iCloud on all your devices

Enable iCloud Drive:

1. On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud.
2. Do one of the following:
• iOS 16, iPadOS 16, or later: Tap iCloud Drive, then turn on Sync this [device].
• iOS 15, iPadOS 15, or earlier: Turn on iCloud Drive.
A list of apps appears below iCloud Drive. When you turn on an app, it can store data in iCloud.
3. To view your iCloud Drive files and folders, open the Files app and go to the iCloud Drive section.

Set up iCloud Drive on all your devices

Double check to see if you can view your items in the Files app next. Feel free to post an update with more info if you need additional help.

Take care!

Jan 4, 2023 12:16 AM in response to hc1111

Great thanks for the quick reply and happy new year,

All these settings was enabled and synced. I called yesterday to apple support here in Greece and we find the problem. It was stupid from me to not check the sidebar edit. The icloud was synced but it was invisible because it was deactivated from the locations through sidebar edit.

Files —> … (three dots) —> edit sidebar—> enable or disable the folders

Thankfully it was a setting problem and not a hardware or software issue.

Thanks for the support and happy 2023 to all!

iPadOS 16.2 iCloud Files Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.