Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I was given an iPad and I can’t unlock it

How do I unlock an iPad given to me

iPad Pro, 11-inch, 4th Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 1, 2023 6:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2023 7:06 PM

Your description suggests that the donor has not signed the device out of their iCloud account and that the activation lock is still active.

Read How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support to see how they can fix this for you. The page is also linked above. You may have viewed this page before posting your question.

What they should have done before passing the iPad to you is follow all the steps in What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2023 7:06 PM in response to Stupid-60

Your description suggests that the donor has not signed the device out of their iCloud account and that the activation lock is still active.

Read How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support to see how they can fix this for you. The page is also linked above. You may have viewed this page before posting your question.

What they should have done before passing the iPad to you is follow all the steps in What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

I was given an iPad and I can’t unlock it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.