You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iOS 18 is now available

Customize your iPhone in more ways than ever, stay connected with friends and family, and relive your favorite moments. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Settings on my iPhone 13 Pro Max

When my wife calls my iPhone 13 Pro Max from her iPhone 13 Pro Max, the call does not ring but goes straight to voicemail. Calls from other phones ring so I can answer them. Both phones have the latest iOS version 16.2. Is there a setting that is causing this problem?

Posted on Jan 1, 2023 10:46 PM

1 reply

Jan 2, 2023 6:38 PM in response to Pcmccarthy1

Hey Pcmccarthy1,

We'd recommend reviewing this article as it provides methods in which calls can be blocked or silenced, which may help determine what is causing the issue you're seeing: Detect and block spam phone calls

We'd also suggest checking out this article as it provides steps to help resolve issues with incoming calls: If you can't make or receive calls on your iPhone

"Update your software

1. Check for a carrier settings update.
  2. Check for an iOS software update. Some updates might require a Wi-Fi connection.

Check your iPhone settings

1. Turn Airplane Mode on and off. Go to Settings and turn on Airplane Mode, wait five seconds, then turn it off.
  2. Check Do Not Disturb. Go to Settings > Focus > Do Not Disturb and make sure it's off.
  3. Check for any blocked phone numbers. Go to Settings > Phone > Blocked Contacts.
  4. See if Call Forwarding is turned on. Go to Settings > Phone > Call Forwarding and make sure it's off.
  5. Check to see if Silence Unknown Callers is turned on. If the setting is on, a caller must be listed in your Contacts or Recents. Or they must have shared their number in Mail or sent you a message using that number in order for their call to go through. Add their number to Contacts to ensure the phone rings. Calls from some third-party apps might not go through.

Check your network settings

1. Reset your network settings. Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This will erase all current saved settings, including Wi-Fi passwords, preferred networks, and VPN settings.
  2. Try to make or receive calls in another location."

Thanks!

Settings on my iPhone 13 Pro Max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.