Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 16.2 issues with Carplay

HI,

I just recently upgraded my IOS to 16.2 have experienced issues when connecting my phone to carplay. I have tried this on two cars and have seen the same issue. the issue is that when I connect the phone, the phone and sometimes the carplay will have delay and be unresponsive. I have tried different iphone 12's as well with the same issues. I am wondering if this a known issue.

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Jan 1, 2023 10:39 PM

5 replies

Jan 2, 2023 6:29 PM in response to sijaffer2

Hello sijaffer2,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. We understand you're having issues with CarPlay. Try the steps listed here to see if they resolve the issue: If you need help with CarPlay

"If CarPlay doesn't work like you expect, learn what to do.

First, make sure that your country or region supports CarPlay and that your car supports CarPlay. If you're unsure if your car supports CarPlay, contact the vehicle manufacturer.

Make sure that your iPhone has the latest version of iOS. If your iPhone is updated to the latest version of iOS, follow these steps — checking CarPlay after each step:

1. Check your connection to your CarPlay stereo:
    • If you have a wired connection, try connecting again with a different USB cable to a different USB port if you have one.
    • If you have a wireless connection, make sure that Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are enabled under Settings > Wi-Fi and Settings > Bluetooth.
  1. If CarPlay doesn't activate automatically, look for the CarPlay logo on your car's display.
  2. Restart your iPhone and your car. 
  3. Make sure that Siri is on.
  4. If your iPhone isn't detected by CarPlay, make sure that CarPlay isn't restricted. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions, tap Allowed Apps and make sure that CarPlay is enabled.
  5. Go to Settings > General > CarPlay, tap your car, then tap Forget This Car. Then set up CarPlay again.
  6. Make sure that your CarPlay stereo is using the latest firmware from the car manufacturer. Check your car's manual for more information.

If you still have issues connecting to CarPlay, contact Apple Support."

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Jan 7, 2023 1:55 PM in response to K_Faith

Hi, I have tried all the above steps, the problem is not with Carplay activation or connection. The iphone will intermittently hang when connected (via USB) to the Carplay device. When the connection (USB) is disconnected, it resumes functioning normally. There is also a really big Lag on the Carplay and the iPhone if it ever works once in a while. This is with multiple iPhone 12s and Multiple Carplay in our benz and VW's.

This seems to be an issue after the update to IOS 16.2 on the iphone 12's and needs to be looked as a non-isolated issue.

IOS 16.2 issues with Carplay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.