Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar Meeting Responses

Hi all. When I send out a meeting request from my Apple calendar, any responses (acceptance/decline etc) arrives through my gmail email account. My gmail email is my Apple ID email but I use a .iCloud.com email address all the time. Why are responses not sent via my Apple email?

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 12:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2023 9:57 AM

Biggles2022,

Are you using the Calendar app on a Mac? If so, is it possible that you have both your iCloud and Gmail calendar setup and you're sending/receiving the invites from the Gmail account? You can learn how to check this here:

"Set a default calendar

You can set one of your calendars as the default calendar. When you add an event using Siri or other apps, it’s added to your default calendar.

1. Go to Settings  > Calendar > Default Calendar.
  2. Select the calendar you want to use as your default calendar."

You can take a look at the full resource here: Set up multiple calendars on iPhone

We hope this helps.

Take care.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2023 9:57 AM in response to Biggles2022

Biggles2022,

Are you using the Calendar app on a Mac? If so, is it possible that you have both your iCloud and Gmail calendar setup and you're sending/receiving the invites from the Gmail account? You can learn how to check this here:

"Set a default calendar

You can set one of your calendars as the default calendar. When you add an event using Siri or other apps, it’s added to your default calendar.

1. Go to Settings  > Calendar > Default Calendar.
  2. Select the calendar you want to use as your default calendar."

You can take a look at the full resource here: Set up multiple calendars on iPhone

We hope this helps.

Take care.

Jan 3, 2023 8:34 AM in response to nick_h2

Hi nick_h2

not sure if changing iCloud settings will resolve - whenever I set up a meeting in the Apple calendar, inviting external people, I get a meeting acceptance / decline emailed via a gmail email address I have. I’d expect this to come through my iCloud.com email address (the one I use all the time). I did have my gmail email as the primary email associated with my Apple ID (and I thought this was the issue), I’ve changed this to my iCloud.com email now (removing the gmail email) and yet acceptances / declines are still sent via the gmail email address. I want to change this so the acceptances come through iCloud email - hoping you can help resolve!

thanks

Calendar Meeting Responses

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.