Related Article: How to delete your Apple ID account

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I delete a child account

I'm trying to remove a child account and the process is not letting me

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 5:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 5:11 AM

Hi there,

See this on how to remove a child from family sharing

The family organizer can remove anyone age 13 or older* from the family group. If you need to, you can transfer a child to another family.

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Tap Family. If you don't see Family, tap your name, then tap Family Sharing.
  3. Tap the name of the family member that you want to remove.
  4. Tap Remove [your family member's name] from Family.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2023 5:11 AM in response to Community User

Hi there,

See this on how to remove a child from family sharing

The family organizer can remove anyone age 13 or older* from the family group. If you need to, you can transfer a child to another family.

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Tap Family. If you don't see Family, tap your name, then tap Family Sharing.
  3. Tap the name of the family member that you want to remove.
  4. Tap Remove [your family member's name] from Family.

Jan 2, 2023 5:44 AM in response to Community User

Hello JBoppie,

I presume this is a minor age child? See the document Move a child to another group using Family Sharing - Apple Support - "You can't remove a child under 13 years old from your family group, but you can move them to another group or delete their account." If this is an adult child you can remove them from your group as outlined in this document Leave Family Sharing - Apple Support

The alternative is deleting the child's account altogether which has the consequence that anything purchased with that account will not be available for redownloading or updating in the future. One way to delete the account would be to log into the unwanted "child" account and request deletion. You should have the ID and password from when you first set up the account, or can recover the password according to information provided in the referenced links below:

Document: Create an Apple ID for your child - Create an Apple ID for your child - Apple Support

- The section: Reset a child's Apple ID password

- If you need to see the options you have for managing your child's account, you can sign in with their Apple ID and password at https://privacy.apple.com/account."

Document: How to delete your Apple ID account - How to delete your Apple ID account - Apple Support

- Can I delete my child’s account?

"Your child can also request deletion of their Apple ID, which requires your approval."

You could also contact Apple about this request: Click here --> Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support Select your country, then a product and work your way down the menu to the desired issue. If you don't see one then try a different product until you reach a telephone or chat help request and ask to be redirected.

how do I delete a child account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.