Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need the fall detection facility on the Apple Watch do I need to carry my iPhone around with me when while I’m at home

Do I need my iPhone with me at home or in the garden to enable the Apple Watch SE (with fall detection)to work.

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 7:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 8:57 AM

No, the detection works independantly.

However, if you have a GPS-only watch and you are too far from your phone and not connected to wifi, the watch can't call for help.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 13.1; Watch, series 7 GPS/cellular, watchOS 9.2; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 16.2; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16.2; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 16.2; HomePods, audioOS 16.2 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2023 8:57 AM in response to Theoldunsarethebest

No, the detection works independantly.

However, if you have a GPS-only watch and you are too far from your phone and not connected to wifi, the watch can't call for help.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 13.1; Watch, series 7 GPS/cellular, watchOS 9.2; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 16.2; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16.2; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 16.2; HomePods, audioOS 16.2 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

I need the fall detection facility on the Apple Watch do I need to carry my iPhone around with me when while I’m at home

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.