Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

two step verification

How can I turn off two step verification

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 9:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 12:16 PM

Two-step verification for Apple ID - Apple Support

Refer to the section: "How do I turn off two-step verification?

If you really mean the newer two factor authentication:

Read the document: "Two-factor authentication for Apple ID" - Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

Two-factor authentication is enabled by default on new Apple IDs and cannot be turned off.

"If you're already using two-factor authentication with your Apple ID, you can't turn it off."

If you have an account where you only very recently activated Two Factor Authentication, note this section of the Apple support article -->

"If you updated to two-factor authentication inadvertently, you can turn it off within two weeks of enrollment. If you do, your account is less secure and you can't use features that require a higher level of security."

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2023 12:16 PM in response to Mickyblue1118

Two-step verification for Apple ID - Apple Support

Refer to the section: "How do I turn off two-step verification?

If you really mean the newer two factor authentication:

Read the document: "Two-factor authentication for Apple ID" - Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

Two-factor authentication is enabled by default on new Apple IDs and cannot be turned off.

"If you're already using two-factor authentication with your Apple ID, you can't turn it off."

If you have an account where you only very recently activated Two Factor Authentication, note this section of the Apple support article -->

"If you updated to two-factor authentication inadvertently, you can turn it off within two weeks of enrollment. If you do, your account is less secure and you can't use features that require a higher level of security."

two step verification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.