Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods and Mac

Im having an issue connecting my Airpods and my Mac. I've tried everything i've seen on YouTube. Any advice?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 9:41 AM

1 reply

Jan 3, 2023 12:24 PM in response to NLG3847

Hi NLG3847,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having an issue connecting your AirPods to your MacBook Pro. We'd like to help.

What happens when you try to connect your devices? Do you get any error messages? If so, what do they say?

Are these the steps you're following to connect your AirPods to your Mac? Make sure you check out the requirements first:

Use AirPods with your Mac

If you're using AirPods (2nd generation), make sure that your Mac has macOS Mojave 10.14.4 or later. AirPods Pro (1st generation) require macOS Catalina 10.15.1 or later. AirPods (3rd generation) require macOS Monterey or later. AirPods Pro (2nd generation) require the latest version of macOS.

If you set up your AirPods with your iPhone and your Mac is signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID, your AirPods might be ready to use with your Mac. Place your AirPods in your ears and click either the Bluetooth menu  or the volume control   in the menu bar on your Mac.1Then choose your AirPods from the list.
If your AirPods don't appear in the Bluetooth  or volume control  menu, pair your AirPods with your Mac:

1. On your Mac, choose System Settings from the Apple menu , then click Bluetooth.
2. Make sure that Bluetooth is on.
3. Put both AirPods in the charging case and open the lid.
4. Press and hold the setup button on the back of the case until the status light flashes white.
5. Select your AirPods in the Devices list, then click Connect.
Bluetooth settings in System Preferences on your Mac
If sound still plays from your Mac speakers, click either the Bluetooth menu  or the volume control  in the menu bar and make sure that your AirPods are selected as the output device.

Hope that helps. Cheers!

AirPods and Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.