You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Extract edited files from Photos

I am working with someone who is trying to send me files she has edited in Photos and what I keep getting is the unedited versions. I’m on a PC so we are trying to use device-independent transfer tools like DropBox. My best guess is that Photos is keeping the original JPEG and tracking the edits and when she opens the file in Photos it shows the image with the edits. But how do we get the images out of Photos and put of the Apple environment with all the edits, with the color profile and at full resolution? Thanks!

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 10:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 10:32 AM

Have your friend create a smart album as follows:

Next, select those items in the folder that she wants to send to you and export them as JPEGS (NOT ORIGINALS) and send the exported jpegs to you. If you want the full resolution files then have her export as follows:

Have her select High or Maximum JPEG Quality. Maximum will give a file size larger than the original jpeg file. High is about the same.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 2, 2023 10:32 AM in response to Bruce-H

Have your friend create a smart album as follows:

Next, select those items in the folder that she wants to send to you and export them as JPEGS (NOT ORIGINALS) and send the exported jpegs to you. If you want the full resolution files then have her export as follows:

Have her select High or Maximum JPEG Quality. Maximum will give a file size larger than the original jpeg file. High is about the same.

Extract edited files from Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.