Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The month and date on my phone reads funny

As soon as the clock struck midnight and we rolled into January 1, 2023, all the dates on my phone converted to this. The Lock Screen, dates in emails, calendars— everything got converted to this weird style.

I asked other iPhone users including my husband who has the same iPhone 11 as me and theirs all look normally written as “January (date), 2023” while mine looks like this.

anyone have this issue and what’s the fix?

iPhone 11

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 10:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2023 12:46 AM

Thanks for your reply. I figured out what the issue is and it's almost unbelievable, but felt I needed to share an update in case this happens to other users.

The primary language managed to flip from English to Corsu. In fact, English was no longer the preferred language in my phone, rather a language called Corsu. That explains the strange date format and the unexplained, what I now know to be, Corsu language seen in some of my emails. Completely bizarre. Just one of the strange bugs in the new iOS, I'm guessing.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2023 12:46 AM in response to sberman

Thanks for your reply. I figured out what the issue is and it's almost unbelievable, but felt I needed to share an update in case this happens to other users.

The primary language managed to flip from English to Corsu. In fact, English was no longer the preferred language in my phone, rather a language called Corsu. That explains the strange date format and the unexplained, what I now know to be, Corsu language seen in some of my emails. Completely bizarre. Just one of the strange bugs in the new iOS, I'm guessing.

Jan 2, 2023 11:04 AM in response to coyotenegra

coyotenegra wrote:

I asked other iPhone users including my husband who has the same iPhone 11 as me and theirs all look normally written as “January (date), 2023”

That’s not what mine looks like! And I believe the iPhone iOS 16 literature shows this format as well. (I cropped out the bottom so the image would fit here.)

Jan 5, 2023 4:39 AM in response to coyotenegra

coyotenegra wrote:

The primary language managed to flip from English to Corsu. In fact, English was no longer the preferred language in my phone, rather a language called Corsu. That explains the strange date format and the unexplained, what I now know to be, Corsu language seen in some of my emails.

Is your iphone really updated to ios 16? Having your date expressed in your local language is normal behavior for iOS, but many users report it has disappeared in ios 16 and now is always in English.

The month and date on my phone reads funny

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.