Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone apps

Most of my iPhone apps were free but “purchased” via family sharing in the App Store with my husband’s Apple ID. If we stop sharing, will I need to download apps from the App Store again? How will I know which ones are missing?

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 11:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 12:31 PM

Alpaca,

If they were purchased on your Apple ID, they will stay with you, even if you are no longer part of the Family Sharing group. That would be the usual way to use Family Sharing.

However... if they were actually acquired under the other person's Apple ID, you will have to get them again from the App Store using your own Apple ID. If you don't already have your own Apple ID, see here: How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2023 12:31 PM in response to AlpacaAl

Alpaca,

If they were purchased on your Apple ID, they will stay with you, even if you are no longer part of the Family Sharing group. That would be the usual way to use Family Sharing.

However... if they were actually acquired under the other person's Apple ID, you will have to get them again from the App Store using your own Apple ID. If you don't already have your own Apple ID, see here: How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

iPhone apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.